The year is coming to an end, and at Virgin Money Credit Card we wanted to provide you with top shopping safety tips over the holidays.
Card Safety Shopping tips:
- Keep your pin safe and private. Don't save your PINs and sensitive information on your cellphone.
- Never lose sight of your credit card when you're conducting a transaction.
- If you have lost your card contact us immediately and will cancel and order another card for you. You can call us on 0861 822 273, all year round 24/7.
Online shopping safety tips:
Over the past few months there has been an increase in the number of complaints from customers originating from the online purchasing of products.
- Examples of this are purchasing diet pills using credit cards. Often these purchases involve a 14-day to one month ‘free trial’.
- Please read the terms and conditions (T&C) carefully before subscribing or making online purchases to avoid being scammed. You are also at risk of receiving extra charges on your account and you may continue to get billed after the initial payment as part of the T&C of a 'contract' you may have accepted.
- We urge all customers to be vigilant and check all T&C’s before transacting online. Customers who have already fallen victim to such scams, should take note that the only way to stop the recurring subscriptions is to cancel the agreement between themselves and the online suppliers. Customers should keep records as proof of cancellation in the event of a dispute arising on transactions.
Be money wise this festive season, and if you are not sure about your spending power, call us to see if you qualify for a credit limit increase. Don’t forget check out our awesome rewards offerings, as there are always fun savings and discounts on offer especially for you.
Keep these numbers close by and for all queries, requests and changes you can contact us using the below numbers:
Virgin Money Credit Card: 0861 822 273 International: +27 (0)11 354 4510
Wishing you safe swiping over the spending season!